Reply To: getting started on light therapy

Home Forums Red Light Therapy getting started on light therapy Reply To: getting started on light therapy

Sunny
Participant

well i’ve aged and having it done now its called phototherapy…

You stand naked in a plastic blue phone box thing with goggles on and your hair tied up … you can keep your pants on if you like, but then you always have to keep your pants on…i stand naked but i keep my pants on when i am on my period … and so far nobody has said anything ..oh yeah men have to wear thongs . after …so not on the same day treatment you have to moisturise afterwards if you don’t your skin feels and looks like leather and looks dry ashy/ flaky . You also have to keep out of sunlight and i was told not to have a wash before treatment or after so basically not on the same day. I go in twice a week so far but i wish it 3 so i could see results faster or if it don’t work stop treatment and try something else.

I have had 4 treatments so far . to be honest i really have not noticed much of a difference yet in terms of my eczema, however, about 5 hours after treatment my skin turns pinkish red and i feel very itchy . the nurse said this itching was normal and i must keep moisturising. well i do grease up but your clothes are ruined and sticky afterwards.

i have to pre-soak and wash them twice to get the slime out…at the moment i am using 50% liquid paraffin with 50% soft white paraffin. This is such a greasy cream.

Point to note is when i do itch after treatment i am back to square one in tearms of how my eczema looks so i think it may not be working but so far not sure. The nurse said after 10 treatments you should see if its working.
Anyway i am on a 13 seconds quick flash of this stuff now so still very new at this. Once my goggles was not on properly and i could see the blue light i quickly closed my eyes…that was dangerous.
anyone else on this please get in touch i would love to find out how its going for others