Creams and other skincare products

Home Forums Red Light Therapy Creams and other skincare products

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    skinnygirl
    Participant

Hello lovelies,

I am using RLT for pigmentation and acne marks. I just want to ask if you could recommend some other creams (generic will do) that will help me achieve great results with RLT? I read that applying green tea toner or serum after RLT will help. Aside from this, is there anything else that maybe can help me?

marjorie1969
    Participant

To answer your questions, I’d first (and always) recommend asking your dermatologist. He/She is the best person to diagnose your skin type and condition.

Many factors contribute to the formation of acne. Learning what could be the cause of your acne breakouts allows you to take the proper prescriptive medications with the right active ingredients. Also, your dermatologist can put you on the right skin care routine based solely on your skin type. Sometimes with acne medication (and other products), you may have to adjust the methodology. Application of skincare products and the recommendations you receive can vary a great deal from one person to another.

catherine
    Participant

there are water-based serums and oil-based serums. Water-based serums have molecules that are tiny enough to penetrate to the deeper levels of the skin. Whereas, oil-based serums go on top of the moisturizer because of their bigger molecular size. They’re supposed to keep the creams and whatever other products you apply underneath moist. When you use an oil-based product containing a high amount of lipids, you increase the skin’s ability to prevent water loss.
    Here’s a typical sequence:

1. Cleanse
    2. Toner
    3. Medication (if you use any) spot treatment
    4. Anti wrinkle cream- serum (thin)
    5. Moisturizer or Night Cream.

Remember that it’s critical to listen to your skin, get good professional advice, to find out what works best for you.

I hope this helps!

kitkatlover
    Participant

I suggest you stop putting products on your face altogether. All that does is hide the symptoms and irritate your skin.

ron_ron_jon
    Participant

Hmm I think it’s really risky to use different creams on your face while doing this therapy specially if you have a very sensitive skin.

NIKKIGAL
    Participant

@catherine while that might work for some, this might not work for some too. So it’s all trial and error. You know your skin type better than anyone else anyway so do whatever is comfortable for you all girls and guys.

Mikosaur
    Participant

Actually, its really risky to use any cream on your face. I suggest to coordinate with your doctor first before using it to your face.

CallMeJen
    Participant

I think it depends on the product. Some brands, when I was searching before, does have some serum or creams included on their package with the LED mask they are selling.

paulineee003
    Participant

That’s true, you may also try checking their website here rubyluxlights.com to see what you really need.

skinnygirl
    Participant

Thank you all for the advice and recommendation. I will go ahead and try to do things first for a few weeks and will update you guys on what works great on my skin. 🙂 And I do hope it will be good for you too.

mariedith
    Participant

personally, I do not want to mix RLT with other creams and products but that’s good about it though. Just do your thing and you’ll be alright my dear.

kimmy123
    Participant

I am same with you @mariedith, I think it might affect may it be good or bad, the results of RLT. I think I will stick with RLT for the first 3 mos and see if I use other products, if it will relatively be more effective.

ritzyalyssamoe
    Participant

I also agree with that. I think it’s too risky to mix something that you’re not familiar with.

nutrisha01
    Participant

Oh wait, Some people are using some creams for their skin treatment?

Carol Smith
    Participant

Like what I’ve read on the other thread, is green tea really a good combination for skin treatment with red light?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.