Does Rubylux near-infrared bulb emit UV radiation..

Home Forums Infrared Light Therapy Does Rubylux near-infrared bulb emit UV radiation..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    skin lover
    Participant

Do the bulbs emit UVA and UVB radiation?

I am particularly worried about these types of radiation since they’ve been proven to be harmful and what form of eye protection is advised when using a rubylux bulb for a therapy session?

grace peach
    Participant

The rubylux near-infrared bulbs emit near-infrared light and red light and it doesn’t emit any UVB – UVA radiation.

I use a NIR blocking eye protection shades. They work!

cynthia
    Participant

Your question seem to have been answered already. It doesn’t, thankfully, so no need to fear.

misspurple
    Participant

Hello Grace? eye protection for what and what’s its use?

PinkComet
    Participant

@misspurple, I guess because RLT emits bright red lights that if you are sensitive to the lights might affect your eyes. Though if you use it with the distance it is required, I guess a reg sunglasses will do. Correct me if I am wrong.

bpbaddie
    Participant

Just to add things up, Rubylux does not have ultraviolet rays and are free of toxic substances.

Marianne
    Participant

Also if you want you can read RubyLux’s CERTIFICATION AND QUALITY STANDARDS so you’ll be more informed and know that the lights are tested to give quality and assurance.

Carol Smith
    Participant

@Marianne – thanks for sharing, I’ll recommend this to my dad even he’s already using this RubyLux.

Honey
    Participant

ohh @Marianne thank you so much for that. I am kind of looking for that just if someone asked me since I am always recommending it to my friends.

regiregiregi03
    Participant

We’re actually using rubylux and it’s doing a great job. So far I don’t see any problem.

MissOi
    Participant

Light therapy boxes should be designed to filter out harmful ultraviolet (UV) light, but some may not filter it all out. UV light can cause skin and eye damage. Look for a light therapy box that emits as little UV light as possible..

niconico88
    Participant

Hi, I just read that the RubyLux emits renewing, healing infrared light in the red and near infrared wavelengths associated with pain relief, increased circulation, faster recovery times, collagen production, rejuvenation and renewal and peaks at 850nm. At 4 inches distance, it emits 1,431 mW/cm2. I hope this help some questions.

Ozuna
    Participant

Actually, RLT repairs damage from UV rays, much as it does when healing from wounds.

skinnygirl
    Participant

I agree with @Ozuna I read on a study (I forgot where i found it) that RLT helps repairing skin cells that are damage by UV rays and other harmful heat our skin absorbs.

kimmy123
    Participant

But I suggest to still use sunblock for UV protection. We should not rely everything to RLT. It just ‘helps’ with the process of protecting, repairing and healing these problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.