Hyperpigmentation

Home Forums Red Light Therapy Hyperpigmentation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    catherine
    Participant

If you are using RLT and experienced hyperpigmentation, should you continue RLT or stop for a while?

Marianne
    Participant

As for me, I think it is better to continue using it. Remember that RLT also helps cure unwanted pigmentation.

memyselfandi
    Participant

I think it is best to check it with your derma first especially if you think the pigmentation is that bad.

littlered
    Participant

can anyone tell what is hyper-pigmentation and what does it looks like?

misspurple
    Participant

This is what hyperpigmentation looks like @littlered

DefianceLulu
    Participant

Hyperpigmentation is caused by an increase in melanin. Melanin is the natural pigment that gives our skin, hair and eyes their color. A number of factors can trigger an increase in melanin production, but the main ones are sun exposure, hormonal influences, age and skin injuries or inflammation. So very rarely you will get that if you will know your daily dose when being exposed to RLT

MissOi
    Participant

I have a few dots of that hyperpigmentation. I think it is starting to fade after using RLT and also RubyLux’s light mask.

paulineee003
    Participant

Hmmm, does blue or green light can also help with hyperpigmentation?

MissOi
    Participant

@paulineee003 I am not particularly sure as I am only using red light.

nutrisha01
    Participant

I think green therapy is more recommended for hyperpigmentation. The wavelength targets melanocytes, slowing down the production of melanin so that not as much pigmentation reaches the top layers of our skin

yayanyayan
    Participant

I haven’t tried green light with this particular issue, I will look on to it as well. Thanks for the heads up @nutrisha01

mommyheart
    Participant

I do have that! But on my neck. Do you think RLT is the right solution? Been using a lot of creams for it

bpbaddie
    Participant

@mommyheart – have you tried the blue light? Some people are suggesting blue because it’s more into acne treatments.

gudemama
    Participant

@misspurple – Oh, my friend have this into her skin. Any treatment recommendation?

bpbaddie
    Participant

@gudemama – Maybe you can suggest red light therapy to your friend. When it comes to sun damage and hypermigmentation, RLt increases the body’s production of collagen and elastin and immune response that helps clear away dead cells and repair damaged ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.