Moquitoes

Home Forums Red Light Therapy Moquitoes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MissKate
    Participant

Does red light repel mosquitoes? our house is located somewhere with lots of trees and as much as we love the trees and grass and all, we hate mosquitoes. Do you think it can also repel mosquitoes?

DefianceLulu
    Participant

Insects generally see 3 colors of light, Ultraviolet (UV), blue and green. Bright white or bluish lights (mercury vapor, white incandescent and white florescent) are the most attractive to insects. Yellowish, pinkish, or orange (sodium vapor, halogen, dichroic yellow) are the least attractive to most insects.

ron_ron_jon
    Participant

Hmm this is interesting. I just read that, It doesn’t repel mosquitos and they are MORE attracted to blue and green lights than red.

paulineee003
    Participant

I also search some information about this because I got curious haha

yayanyayan
    Participant

by attracted you mean they come more often if you use blue and green lights? @ron_ron_ion

mommyheart
    Participant

so Redlight do not repel mosquitoes?

bpbaddie
    Participant

Hi, I just read that, Red and yellow light bulbs don’t actually repel mosquitoes. In fact, we’ve found some research that proves mosquitoes are actually MORE attracted to blue and green lights than red lights.

Marianne
    Participant

by attracted, do you mean they come more often when using blue and/or green lights? @bpbaddie

NIKKIGAL
    Participant

I really hate mosquitoes. I hope red light can at least minimize their appearance.

bpbaddie
    Participant

I read that “A study found that exposures to light for brief periods at night manipulates malaria mosquitoes and prevents bites. Scientists have found that exposure to just 10 minutes of light at night suppresses biting and manipulates flight behavior of malaria mosquitoes.”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.