Photobiomodulation

Home Forums Red Light Therapy Photobiomodulation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    PinkComet
    Participant

Is Photobiomodulation the same with Red Light and Infrared Red Light Therapy? whenever I look for some research regarding red light therapy, there’s always an article stating about Photobiomodulation being the new RLT? Is this true?

Mikosaur
    Participant

I heard Photobiomodulation is like Low-level laser or LLLT. But I’m not really sure but I hope someone will share a detailed article.

MamaGee
    Participant

Hi, I’ve read something about photobiomodulation. It’s really hard for me to explain but, you can see all the details here..

HilaryFairy
    Participant

@MamaGee- thanks for sharing this tips!

Paige M
    Participant

I just read that, Red light is thought to work by producing a biochemical effect in cells that strengthens the mitochondria.

DefianceLulu
    Participant

Oh so is it not or it is the same as red light therapy?

Markus
    Participant

@DefianceLulu – Hi, just to answer your question, Red light therapy is also called Photobiomodulation, low-power laser therapy, and called low-level laser therapy.

triisha001
    Participant

Red light Therapy is also exposes you to low levels of red or near-infrared light. Infrared light is a type of energy your eyes can’t see, but your body can feel as heat. Red light is similar to infrared, but you can see it.

leydicarol001
    Participant

Thanks for sharing! I actually don’t have any idea what is Photobiomodulation haha.

Loveyou3000
    Participant

Low-level laser therapy is a form of medicine that applies low-level lasers or light-emitting diodes to the surface of the body. So they are kind of the same.

DefianceLulu
    Participant

Yeah, I would barely remember how to pronounce that word so if they are the same I would gladly use RLT instead of Photobiomodulation. 😀

littlered
    Participant

Ohh that’s a new word for me. I will go check it out as well and read just like what i did for RLT and other light therapy colors.

PinkComet
    Participant

Thank you all so much for your inputs. I am now well aware of it. <3

regiregiregi03
    Participant

If you have Seasonal Affective Disorder, then you might try the green light therapy. Green is also considered a cooler color and helps bring about a mild relaxation effect. It can also use as pain relief.

rafrafrafraf001
    Participant

For me, I’m using the green light every morning to make my body awake or more alert. Then, red light before sleep this is really working on my body. But, we have different bodies so it depends on your body.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.