What is PBM and how does it affect my general health?

Home Forums Red Light Therapy What is PBM and how does it affect my general health?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cynthia
    Participant

I often hear people throw this particular word into any conversation we have about light therapy. What exactly is PBM and how does it affects my health>?

grace peach
    Participant

PBM is short for Photobiomodulation. It merely means the stimulation of body cells using low-level light. It embodies its ideology in phototherapy and stimulates the body by acting on light sensors such as chromophores and triggers various processes within the body.

PBM is all about the body, how it reacts to light, and the processes that are triggered by it. PBM is being talked about whenever you hear of low-level light therapy.

marjorie1969
    Participant

Hi Grace, is NIR light considered as low-level light therapy as well? Because you can adjust the level of light with NIR light lamps, right?

rafrafrafraf001
    Participant

Hi marjorie1969 – I saw this article that might help you answer your questions. Read here.

memyselfandi
    Participant

rafraf thank you so much for sharing that. Now I know that it reduces cause of inflammation.

katkatkatleenleen
    Participant

Oh, nice this is really helpful. I’ve also found some article about this but this is more accurate.

NIKKIGAL
    Participant

This is the first time I hear about PBM. This is a great piece of info. Thanks for sharing this.

marjorie1969
    Participant

rafraf Thanks for sharing that. I see, it is also considered as low-level light.

Rosiee
    Participant

Yes, actually red light therapy uses red low level wavelengths to treat skin issues like scars, wrinkles and more. You may also read everything here. Red light therapy.

triisha001
    Participant

I also agree with Rosiee, you can get a lot of benefits of using this PBM. Just use the therapy that works for your body.

bpbaddie
    Participant

I agree with that. I really love the benefits of boosting the immune system specially these days that there’s a lot of virus outside.

Nichola
    Participant

more high-quality head-to-head comparison studies should be conducted in order to figure out whether there are significant differences between the dose response or physiological effects of LED photobiomodulation and laser photobiomodulation, and whether LED-based treatments could be carried out based on the treatment parameters adopted from laser-based studies.

if you want to read more about its difference you can Check it here

MomOfGrace
    Participant

This is worth of reading. Thanks for sharing @Nichola

Markus
    Participant

PBM is really good on our body specially on boosting our immune system, skins issues, wound healing, hair growth and more. There is also blue light therapy that is commonly used for acne, with limited effectiveness.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.