What is the recommended eye protection or eyewear ?

Home Forums Red Light Therapy What is the recommended eye protection or eyewear ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I just need to know what kind of eye protection or eye glasses you recommended just for the light therapy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Kadine,
    I am using one of the goggles in the link below but you can also use any glasses that protect from laser light. Those are usually a little more expensive. Hope that helps.
    RubyLux Basic Goggles

Rosiee
    Participant

I’m curious what’s the need for the goggles?

kimmy123
    Participant

I am using Stay Safe Infrared Protection Glasses you can check it out.

Rosie, googles are used to protect your eyes from infrared rays emitted by near infrared sauna bulbs.

catherine
    Participant

Do you think regular sunglasses will do?

mommyheart
    Participant

Hello catherine,

It is not required that you wear eye protection, nevertheless the lights are very bright and may be uncomfortable for some individuals with sensitivities to light. So you can use sunglasses if you are not that sensitive with the light.

memyselfandi
    Participant

You don’t need goggles. Some people do prefer them, though. It depends on your sensitivity to light and your personal preference!

Here’s a good read for why you do not need those extra goggles.

Photobiomodulation for the treatment of retinal diseases: a review

rafrafrafraf001
    Participant

Yes, actually red light therapy helps to protect our eyes from damage and reducing the lose of vision or heal some eye injuries.

memyselfandi
    Participant

You are correct rafraf. Red light helps our vision but as long as we keep the recommended distance of 6inches to the bulbs, it is all okay. But, if you are sensitive to the lights just like i said, and you are uncomfortable with the rays. by all means, use a glass or goggles to protect your eyes.

nutrisha01
    Participant

Just in case, can you guys recommend some eye protection that I can use?

marklesterer01
    Participant

You are never to expose your unprotected retina or eye to the sun or any other bright light. There are benefits from this type of light to your eye in general, just keep your eyelids closed and don’t use it for prolonged periods of time to your eyes.

ron_ron_jon
    Participant

I’m also new here and been seeking some information’s about bulbs. I’m curious if it’s safe not to use eye protections?

yayanyayan
    Participant

I got this from RubyLux’s website. If you are using their item please read :

The first reason you need eye protection is because the light is so bright it is going to be very uncomfortable on your eyes. Depending on the bulb or device you’re using, it might even be bright enough to harm your eyes.

Just closing your eyes may not be good enough to protect them. Have you ever still been able to “see” light even with your eyes closed? That happens because the light is still making contact with your eye’s retina. The brightness of a red light therapy bulb could certainly cause that to happen.

Another reason is that some people, especially those with certain medical conditions, are more likely to react to light. Bright or flashing lights can trigger migraine headaches or seizures in susceptible people, for example.

So what can you use for eye protection during red light therapy? Fortunately, if your therapy is ONLY red light (no other colors and no infrared light, which is different from red light) you have a lot of options. You basically just need to block enough light to make your eyes comfortable. Extremely dark tinted glasses or goggles might work. And there are red light therapy eye goggles and glasses on the market that are specifically made for it. You could even opt to block all light from your eyes entirely.

Rosiee
    Participant

I haven’t tried this yet. But, is it really worth it?

Justine Charles
    Participant

Hi people, I’m using this goggles for a month now and It’s really working for me. You might give it a try RubyLux Basic Goggles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.