Do you think it is safe for pregnant?

Home Forums Infrared Light Therapy Do you think it is safe for pregnant?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    kimmy123
    Participant

I am not pregnant. My friend is. She is asking if she can still continue using RLT on her face? Because she is using it mainly for wrinkles and anti-aging.

memyselfandi
    Participant

This I am quite intrigued as well. I asked if it really can increase testosterone and estrogen levels. I am wondering if there will be a bad effect for the woman and the baby if it is used.

Marianne
    Participant

Hi girls,

It’s essential you let your aesthetician know if you are pregnant (even if you’re waiting to share the news with friends and family) so they can tailor your treatment and can be avoid any potentially harmful ingredients.

Be particularly careful about your skin treatment during pregnancy. Not only is your body undergoing rapid changes at this time, there is also the possibility of chemicals being absorbed into the skin. Ideally, any treatment you have should be very mild. Also, test for potential adverse reactions before using anything, even for treatments you’ve had in the past as your skin can be unpredictable at this time.

ReyLight
    Participant

I’ve head light therapy is effective for depression during pregnancy is this true?

kimmy123
    Participant

@Marianne thank you so much I will let my friend know about this.

@ReyLight
    well, it has an effect for SAD and I guess it is not a surprise if it can help with pregnancy post partum.

Markus
    Participant

Hi, regarding about this topic, it’s safe for pregnant women even breastfeeding and it also helps on getting a good night sleep and relax your body.

Honey
    Participant

@Markus that’s what she’s upset about if ever it is not safe for her. Good thing it is safe and she is still using it now.

GeoLad
    Participant

I am glad it is safe even if my wife is not pregnant. lol

itstrisha001
    Participant

Well, much better to check some information first before trying this out specially for pregnant women.

Honey
    Participant

Thermal injury can occur even without pain. Also, pregnant women, people with heart diseases, and those who are sick should never undergo infrared therapy.

kimmy123
    Participant

Hello @Honey why not? Can you tell me what will be the problem?

Honey
    Participant

@kimmy123 just like how testosterone improvement works, there are certain areas that you should avoid when doing RLT during pregnancy. I would suggest to do not directly focus the light on the belly/bump area.

Ozuna
    Participant
    mommyheart
    Participant

If she will only use it on her face, I think personally it is better than using creams and serums. Some creams and serums are not safe for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.

mhariedive
    Participant

I think it’s more recommended not to use it around your belly if you’re pregnant. But, you may also use it on your face for acne treatments? Much better to consult to your doctor before using this therapy just to be safe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.