How can RLT improve eyesight when eyes are to be covered

Home Forums Infrared Light Therapy How can RLT improve eyesight when eyes are to be covered

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    triisha001
    Participant

Eye protection should be used when NIR mode is active including Recovery+ Mode. Do not stare directly into the LEDs. The beam window covers the full front surface area of the device. If your eyes are more sensitive to light or if you take medications that have a history of causing photosensitivity, I recommend that you consult your physician before treating.

Nichola
    Participant

Can you recommend a good goggles?

leydicarol001
    Participant

I’m also not using any eye protection while doing my therapy. But, I’m also curious about this.

ritzyalyssamoe
    Participant

It is not required that you wear eye protection, it’s just that the light is very bright that is uncomfortable with our eyes. But, it’s best to try what’s best for you.

mischiefofmrsred
    Participant

You can also check this study out if you have time.

Study: Staring at deep red light can significantly improve declining eyesight

“Your retinal sensitivity and your colour vision are both gradually undermined, and with an ageing population, this is an increasingly important issue.

“To try to stem or reverse this decline, we sought to reboot the retina’s ageing cells with short bursts of longwave light.” it states.

Marianne
    Participant

I see, thank you for that mischiefofmrsred. That’s a great read. I agree that when we get older our eyesight will decline but if we take care of it, it’ll last. So, do what your eyes are comfortable with.

littlered
    Participant

I think it also depend on the device that we will use if we need to cover or protect our eyes.

misspurple
    Participant

Has anyone tried the SAD Bright Light therapy mentioned above? I am considering trying it.

mommyheart
    Participant

@misspurple I do not think that SAD bright light therapy is something to protect or help with eyesight. SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder. Mostly people with SAD feel down, depressed, sad a little lot more during winter or when the sun is not out that’s the purpose of the said SAD bright light goggles. To mimic the lights.

kimmy123
    Participant

Hi guys, as I check the forum pages/tabs. I came across this. Eye Protection It is a great read and very informative. Please take time to read.

floatronie
    Participant

@kimmy123 – nice! this is the information that we really need since I’ve been seeing a lot of people are asking if they need to wear some eye protection.

Marianne
    Participant

@kimmy123 wow thanks for that. Now I will use protection even though it might be uncomfortable at times.

mariedith
    Participant

oh wow kimmy! That’s great. I am glad I am wearing my eye protector all this time. Not that I am scaring those who aren’t but who knows right?

HilaryFairy
    Participant

@corybabe and @farraf001 – hahah not really a fairy I’m also preparing myself to learn everything about this therapy because I’m buying this soon hahah

kimmy123
    Participant

Welcome to the club then, We are glad that you are learning and will start RLT too. I am sure you will like it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.