I am setting up a sauna for my family, I've got a couple of questions, please..

Home Forums Infrared Light Therapy I am setting up a sauna for my family, I've got a couple of questions, please..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    skin lover
    Participant

Hey there,

So, I am at the planning stage of building a sauna for myself and the family use. I have asked a handful of persons what they used and some always mentioned I just set up a heat room, a couple have advised I get a far infrared setup. I am still skeptical about these though until I tried a near-infrared sauna while in London.

Should I get a near infrared sauna set up?, What are the benefits and disadvantages. I am torn between far and near infrared. Also, I am considering the rubylux near-infrared bulbs for building the sauna if I ever conclude on which setup to build.

Thanks. . .

grace peach
    Participant

I know it can get pretty confusing, but it shouldn’t necessarily be. While any Sauna can heat the body, you need one that is effective and health beneficial.

Although a normal sauna can get hot, it doesn’t have as many health benefits since the heat doesn’t penetrate the skin. A far-infrared sauna will cost you more on the electricity bill and is not very healthy since your body is exposed to much more electromagnetic fields.

Using a near-infrared light will give so much benefit since near-infrared light heats the body effectively rather than the entire enclosure. On a more succinct note, you will get the health benefits of light therapy such as stress relief, anti-oxidation, cellular healing, and deep skin penetration.

Using a high quality near-infrared bulb to build your sauna is by far, a better option.

Stay Healthy!
    Grace.

tammy
    Participant

I like saunas. I have tried tons of sessions, but it always felt very uncomfortable for me and couldn’t be in one for a long time. I hear near-infrared sauna are more beneficial compared to the traditional saunas.

If you are seeking more health benefits, then a near-infrared installation using NIR-A bulbs is worth every penny.

skin lover
    Participant

Hey,
    Skin Lover here, I’d like to thank you for the response. I feel more enlighthened and it seems to me that red light therapy may just be the answer for my family.

@tammy
    , I have also had that problem with traditional saunas. I sweat on the surface and it does get uncomfortable pretty quick.

My husband is already setting up the enclosure for the sauna and I am considering getting the rubylux near infrared bulbs @grace mentioned.

Lastly, is the EMF from far infrared sauna not same as that of near infrared light therapy bulbs bulbs?

grace peach
    Participant

Hey Skin Lover,

How is your custom sauna building going? Has it been completed yet?

In the course of my experience, I did notice the ruby lux NIR bulbs are one of the best out there. When compared to far-infrared saunas, a rubylux near infraed powered sauna has super low EMF emissions.

You might want to hook up an EMF testing kit in your sauna just to check for yourself.

yayanyayan
    Participant

Hi. Can you recommend a good red light sauna equipment for me? I am thinking to just install a regular red light bulb but I guess that won’t be a very bright idea.

MissOi
    Participant

I was once on a sauna with a red light. I never knew I can make one for my house. Can someone tell me at least an estimate of how much it will cost me?

DefianceLulu
    Participant

Hello skinlover.

I am also planning to put up my own sauna after reading this thread in this forum INFRARED SAUNA

you might want to check that out as well. Though, comments here are satisfying enough already.

NIKKIGAL
    Participant

thank you all for the tips, specially Lulu. You are a life saver. It’s been days and I’ve been thinking about this DIY sauna.

marjorie1969
    Participant

This idea sounds great. I might research for some samples later and share it here.

marjorie1969
    Participant

How far do you think should the lights be best for the NIR lights panel for the sauna? I mean how many panels/bulbs should I use and how far should it be set upped from the people using the sauna?

DefianceLulu
    Participant

@marjorie1969 I am no expert, but as I checked some studies, says you should atleast be 6inches away from the panel/bulbs. I hope that helps.

reginthehouse
    Participant

Hi, as I’ve read this thread I saw this guide that might help you out. Complete guide for Red Light Therapy

GeoLad
    Participant

I also read about that on RubyLux’s website. Some guy did a home infrared sauna out of the infrared bulbs. I wish I have enough space for me to do that too. That might be awesome.

MaryJane
    Participant

when setting up a sauna, I think you should remember some important details like; Light therapy may trigger mania in some people with bipolar disorder, so get advice from your doctor before starting light therapy. Some people claim that tanning beds help ease seasonal affective disorder symptoms. But this hasn’t been proved to work. The UV light released by tanning beds can damage your skin and greatly increase your risk of skin cancer. When side effects do occur, they may go away on their own within a few days of starting light therapy. You also may be able to manage side effects by reducing treatment time, moving farther from your light box, taking breaks during long sessions or changing the time of day you use light therapy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.