I am using blue light

Home Forums Red Light Therapy I am using blue light

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    littlered
    Participant

I am using blue light for acne. Do you think or recommend I switch to red light for better results?

Don’t get me wrong I am getting good results with blue light when it comes to acne and pimple marks. But should I change/switch to red light for better results or are they just the same and just a waste of money if I change course now?

catherine
    Participant

Hi miss littlered! If you think you are already getting good result after using blue light, I think you should stick with it only if you are satisfied with the results it is giving you. However, if we will to compare the two lights.

Blue lights prevents and kills bacteria that causes acne. On the other hand, red light penetrates deeper into the skin helping with healing. So it is up to you what results you are needed.

littlered
    Participant

catherine… thank you so much for answering. I was wondering what were the difference between the two. Do you think if I use both lights there will be a conflict or it will turn out better than I will expect? I am so sorry if I am asking way too much questions…

Honey
    Participant

littlered, I guess it depends on how you will use it. If you are going to simultaneously use it. I guess that is the better option but if you are going to use both at the same time. You should probably consider just using one. I do not know but we do not want to risk your skin/health right?

littlered
    Participant

Thank you guys so much for the tips. Do you have any red light bulbs that you can recommend for a first timer like me?

PinkComet
    Participant

Little red, there’s a lot out there you may want to try but I am using a new brand called RubyLux.

biversen
    Participant

Actually, you might benefit from using a combination red and blue light therapy bulb. The red light doesn’t kill bacteria like the blue light does, but it does have strong healing and regenerative effects. It can also help sore areas, help heal up cystic acne and for many people, it can improve the appearance of scars.

Renee
    Participant

If you add RLT to your skincare routine, that’ll be perfect.

MomOfGrace
    Participant

Anyone care to share their skin care routine?

memyselfandi
    Participant

Renee, I agree to you and biversen. Both red and blue light are different but most likely the same in some areas. Specially if you use them at the same time correctly. You just have to be careful and be cautious on how far and how strong the light you will apply.

NIKKIGAL
    Participant

Hello MomOfGrace, I will share mine as I think it works best for me. Just a disclaimer tho, everybody has diff skin type and reaction so please if you will follow these steps follow it with caution.

20 minutes before using the RLT mask on my face, I am washing my face with some exfoliator and I will put green tea toner, if not, or serum. then use the RLT mask for 20 mins. afterwards, I am applying moisturizer.

memyselfandi
    Participant

@MomOfGrace I really do not have a skin care routine. Just wash my face to remove dirt maybe because I am not using too much make up now since I am just at home.

HilaryFairy
    Participant

I’ve read that red light therapy also heals wounds and can prevent recurring cold sores or herpes simplex. Red light works on the lymphatic system to improve your body’s detoxification abilities by increasing blood flow. It may even stimulate hair growth in your hair follicles.

Markus
    Participant

I’ve read that, red light has longer wavelength and blue light therapy works by using visible blue wavelengths. You may also read the whole article hereWhat is the difference between using red light and blue light

ladycaroool01
    Participant

I’ve been using this red light for a long time and haven’t tried this blue light yet. So, maybe I’ll give a shot and see the difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.