I need your help, what light type should I use?

Home Forums Infrared Light Therapy I need your help, what light type should I use?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello All,

I need your help in choosing a therapy type.
    I took a friend’s advice and read through some of the research done on light therapy. Why are near-infrared and red light therapy the most talked-about?. Which should I use?

Thanks.

grace peach
    Participant

I have a ton of experience with both light types since I use a combination of both.

Near-infrared light and red lights are awesome. From a scientific point of view, all light types have a role they play, but red and NIR light has more applications.

The difference between these two light types lie in their penetration distance. Red light penetrates deeper than most light types except near-infrared.

Red light helps with aging by helping with anti-inflammation and creating a good environment for collagen production, aiding a beautiful, healthy-looking skin. Near-infrared light has these effects as well, but capable of targeting deeper bodies and cells.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Grace,

Thank you for the reply, It gave me more insight into the nature of the light and i believe I know which to use for my treatment.
    Looking forward to it!.

Cheers…
    Steph.

grace peach
    Participant

Hey Steph, my pleasure!

Anonymous
    Inactive

tammy
    Participant

Currently following a red light therapy schedule.
    I think you should try out red or near-infrared therapies, they are the best.

skin lover
    Participant

This was really helpful for me.
    Informative thread.

mommyheart
    Participant

I have body scars that I want to lighten. Some are a little deep. What do you think should I use to or is more effective for this type of healing process?

yayanyayan
    Participant

hello mommyheart, i love your name by the way.

NIR light said to be more effective when penetrating deeper to the skin if you want to heal some old scars. It usually takes a lot of session before you see visible results.

littlered
    Participant

Are those better than blue light?

DefianceLulu
    Participant

Little red, I guess it depends on what are you going to use it for.

For beginners I think I might suggest to use the red light therapy bulbs first to see the effect for them then upgrade to NIR lights.

misspurple
    Participant

I agree with DefianceLulu, or most effectively consult a professional if what kind of light will suit your skin tye.

Jennylisa
    Participant

Hello all, I all agree with you. Some therapies really does depends on your skin and body type and not all are suitable for others compared to some. So you can try and wait for great results or consult first your doctor to see if he/she have better idea/options for you.

MissOi
    Participant

Blue and Red light both have healing capabilities, the only difference they have is the penetration and the wavelength they have. Red has deeper and bigger wavelength that those of blue.

memyselfandi
    Participant

I guess the question is between red light and NIR light and how to they differ. Not about blue or red light.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.