Is IRL good or bad for anti-aging?

Home Forums Infrared Light Therapy Is IRL good or bad for anti-aging?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    MarshaScott
    Participant

Hey! I recently purchased a RLT panel..
    After a week or so of use (10mins per day, 3 days a week), I noticed a warm sensation on my face while using the device which I attribute to infrared light.

I read pretty conflicting information online that collagen is either destroyed by the heat, or that infrared light is stimulating collagen.

Which is which on this? I’m quite confused! Thank you!

Marianne
    Participant

Hello Marsha,

if you are looking for a concrete study about the effect of IRL as an anti-aging here is the link for a good read : A Controlled Trial to Determine the Efficacy of Red and Near-Infrared Light Treatment in Patient Satisfaction, Reduction of Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Skin Roughness, and Intradermal Collagen Density Increase

But if you are asking for personal experience, I would suggest you to browse each thread here especially those about anti-aging and skin care. A lot have given their testimonies about how IRL and RLT helped them with their acne and wrinkles.

ReyLight
    Participant

I’ve read that Red light therapy can help improve skin issues, wrinkles and scars. I’ve read everything here

Marianne
    Participant

@ReyLight that’s a good article. I will be reading that later on. I was able to pass through to it but later I will get back to it. Are you using the IRL for anti-aging too or just a curious cat like me too?

Honey
    Participant

@Marianne I am. But not that much I still enjoy the RLT more than the IRL since I do not enjoy the heat.

Carol Smith
    Participant

I started using this since my dad recommends it to me and he said that it’s actually good for anti aging and a lot of things.

Jennylisa
    Participant

Carol, welcome to the club then lol! It was already recommended to me by my mom who is using this to heal some of her inflammations.

nutrisha01
    Participant

Oh really? I have some inflammations too so maybe I’ll give it a try.

catherine
    Participant

If your symptoms don’t improve enough with light therapy, you may need additional treatment. Talk to your doctor/dermatologist about other treatment options, such as creams or serums.

paupauu001
    Participant

I also suggest you to consult your doctor before trying this to a different way.

miagreen
    Participant

As far as I know, it’s good for anti aging because it’s a treatment for our skin like wrinkles.

CutiePie03
    Participant

Because red light stimulates both collagen and elastin production, dramatically reduces lines and wrinkles, as well as the appearance of scars, surface varicose veins, acne, and cellulite, RLT is fast becoming recognized as a safe and welcome alternative to injections and surgeries for anti-aging and skin rejuvenation.

bigmomma
    Participant

Will there be any difference if I use LED red light to Infrared red light for anti-aging?

Marianne
    Participant

Hello @bigmomma, I am not personally sure if there will be any difference when it comes to the result. But for the feeling; you see infrared light produces heat and this might be uncomfortable for you. If you think that is something you won’t be comfortable with, stick with led red light or the mask.RubyLux Highest Intensity LED Light Therapy Mask with Neck Piece

misspurple
    Participant

I never knew rubylux have that mask. I will try to order that this holiday season. I hope there will be sale. hehe *cross fingers*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.