Is IRL good or bad for anti-aging?

Home Forums Infrared Light Therapy Is IRL good or bad for anti-aging?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MarshaScott
    Participant

Hey! I recently purchased a RLT panel..
    After a week or so of use (10mins per day, 3 days a week), I noticed a warm sensation on my face while using the device which I attribute to infrared light.

I read pretty conflicting information online that collagen is either destroyed by the heat, or that infrared light is stimulating collagen.

Which is which on this? I’m quite confused! Thank you!

Marianne
    Participant

Hello Marsha,

if you are looking for a concrete study about the effect of IRL as an anti-aging here is the link for a good read : A Controlled Trial to Determine the Efficacy of Red and Near-Infrared Light Treatment in Patient Satisfaction, Reduction of Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Skin Roughness, and Intradermal Collagen Density Increase

But if you are asking for personal experience, I would suggest you to browse each thread here especially those about anti-aging and skin care. A lot have given their testimonies about how IRL and RLT helped them with their acne and wrinkles.

ReyLight
    Participant

I’ve read that Red light therapy can help improve skin issues, wrinkles and scars. I’ve read everything here

Marianne
    Participant

@ReyLight that’s a good article. I will be reading that later on. I was able to pass through to it but later I will get back to it. Are you using the IRL for anti-aging too or just a curious cat like me too?

Honey
    Participant

@Marianne I am. But not that much I still enjoy the RLT more than the IRL since I do not enjoy the heat.

Carol Smith
    Participant

I started using this since my dad recommends it to me and he said that it’s actually good for anti aging and a lot of things.

Jennylisa
    Participant

Carol, welcome to the club then lol! It was already recommended to me by my mom who is using this to heal some of her inflammations.

nutrisha01
    Participant

Oh really? I have some inflammations too so maybe I’ll give it a try.

catherine
    Participant

If your symptoms don’t improve enough with light therapy, you may need additional treatment. Talk to your doctor/dermatologist about other treatment options, such as creams or serums.

paupauu001
    Participant

I also suggest you to consult your doctor before trying this to a different way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.