memyselfandi

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 1,415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: I need your help, what light type should I use? #1662
    kitkatlover
    Participant

    Correct @marjorie1969, whatever we say and whatever our advice is. It is all up to you.

    in reply to: I need your help, what light type should I use? #1661
    marjorie1969
    Participant

    There will be different opinions and advice that you will get from this forum some based on their experiences and some based on the researches they have done and also following. But it is all up to you. To what you think you are more comfortable.

    in reply to: How can RLT improve eyesight when eyes are to be covered #1660
    marjorie1969
    Participant

    @GeoLad I am also wearing glasses but when I am using my RLT it is positioned at my back while I am working so I guess that’s one of the reasons I am not using goggles because I am not directly glaring at the light.

    in reply to: Anybody know what this is? #1659
    marjorie1969
    Participant

    @kimmy123 U used to have that kind of lamp. The only issue about that lamp is, it is not right for me as it is too big. I would rather use the NIR light sauna that RubyLux just got out.

    in reply to: What are you using Near-Infrared therapy for? #1658
    marjorie1969
    Participant

    Great to see that both men and women are enjoying red light therapy. Goes to show that it is not only for one sex and will work differently to one another.

    in reply to: Do you think it is safe for pregnant? #1657
    marjorie1969
    Participant

    I Agree with what @Marianne said on the first page of this thread. And as per reading, she took that advice. It is great to know that both of you are looking after each other’s back still. I hope she gets a healthy and beautiful baby just like her.

    in reply to: Senior Citizens #1656
    marjorie1969
    Participant

    I have been reading this thread and gave me an idea of what kind of gifts I will get my family for Christmas Eve’s party. They might like it too. Some of my folks are already old so I guess they will lol.

    in reply to: Red Light Therapy to treat hair loss? #1655
    Renee
    Participant

    So my doctor was saying this is going to help with my problem on how I’ve gotten a bald patch on my head due to plucking my hair. it was because of stress and then more stress since i’m not even in my 50s and i’m going bald and omg i’m a woman

    my uncle said this helped him have thicker and fuller hair which i’m honestly hopeful that it’ll be the case for me too.

    Do you guys do home treatment therapy or you go to a professional place? Any recommended routine to follow??

    in reply to: getting started on light therapy #1654
    Renee
    Participant

    Wow! Amazing insights!! Thanks so much everyone, looking forward to hearing more.

    I’ve heard various stories from parents doing this for their kid but mostly for toddlers who have sleep issue. Why did the dermatologist recommend light therapy for your kiddo @MomOfGrace?

    Thanks @MarshaScott !! I have been here for a while now and I’m currently getting my reads up on the topics. I was AWOL for awhile lol


    @Sunny
    thanks for sharing your experience! Are you doing it for a skin condition??? that sounds like such an experience! how is it going for you???


    @Miagreen
    sorry to hear that. i hope it helps with your scarring and doesnt turn out like what the doctor had said. i’ve read some experiences here saying it helped with their scarring so i’m hopeful on mine….

    in reply to: getting started on light therapy #1653
    MomOfGrace
    Participant

    A lot of people I know said this worked for them but I can’t personally say that it is the same for me. I’m still at the point of looking around and gathering good and bad points.

    My eldest son was referred for it about 9 months ago by the dermatologist he was seeing at that time. My husband and I decided against it since my son is only 5 and we were worried since I’ve read a lot that it is not recommended for kids who are so young.

    But my youngest, a 15 month old, benefits from the RLT thingy because of her night light. So honestly, we are in the middle of it. we approve of it at certain points i guess?

    in reply to: getting started on light therapy #1652
    MarshaScott
    Participant

    Light therapy and especially red light therapy has been proven to be effective for a number of skin conditions including rosacea and eczema.

    The are some quality home devices, so its not necessary to go to a salon every time for treatment if you find that it works for you and it its way more cost effective.

    I recommend reading around the threads here and you’ll definitely gain a lot of information

    in reply to: getting started on light therapy #1651
    Sunny
    Participant

    well i’ve aged and having it done now its called phototherapy…

    You stand naked in a plastic blue phone box thing with goggles on and your hair tied up … you can keep your pants on if you like, but then you always have to keep your pants on…i stand naked but i keep my pants on when i am on my period … and so far nobody has said anything ..oh yeah men have to wear thongs . after …so not on the same day treatment you have to moisturise afterwards if you don’t your skin feels and looks like leather and looks dry ashy/ flaky . You also have to keep out of sunlight and i was told not to have a wash before treatment or after so basically not on the same day. I go in twice a week so far but i wish it 3 so i could see results faster or if it don’t work stop treatment and try something else.

    I have had 4 treatments so far . to be honest i really have not noticed much of a difference yet in terms of my eczema, however, about 5 hours after treatment my skin turns pinkish red and i feel very itchy . the nurse said this itching was normal and i must keep moisturising. well i do grease up but your clothes are ruined and sticky afterwards.

    i have to pre-soak and wash them twice to get the slime out…at the moment i am using 50% liquid paraffin with 50% soft white paraffin. This is such a greasy cream.

    Point to note is when i do itch after treatment i am back to square one in tearms of how my eczema looks so i think it may not be working but so far not sure. The nurse said after 10 treatments you should see if its working.
    Anyway i am on a 13 seconds quick flash of this stuff now so still very new at this. Once my goggles was not on properly and i could see the blue light i quickly closed my eyes…that was dangerous.
    anyone else on this please get in touch i would love to find out how its going for others

    in reply to: getting started on light therapy #1650
    miagreen
    Participant

    I am about to go to this treatment too, but my doctor said it won’t help with the scarring? Plus because I am asian and already have hyperpigmentation and deep dark scars, they said it may become darker T_T

    I’m reluctant. it either gets the scars worse or look worse! nothing positive to get out of it.

    in reply to: Does Rubylux near-infrared bulb emit UV radiation.. #1649
    Renee
    Participant

    I love how the conversation is going on this thread!
    I’m both in support of the sun and support of photobiomodulation therapy.
    I have heard great things about RubyLight products but I have yet to try them out, will definitely put them on my list when the hospital gives the go signal

    in reply to: Is there proof that red light work oncellulite? #1648
    Renee
    Participant

    I’ve gained some momma fats. Anyone here been at the same situation? Do any of y’all think this’ll help momma fats?

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 1,415 total)